I truly want to give a great big shout out to Su over at ethannevelyn, who tagged me for Sisters of the World Bloggers! I’m kvelling (feeling happy and proud!) to have such an honor!
This means, I get to answer some questions, you get to learn a bit more about me, and I get to nominate some of my fellow bloggers. What naches (joy) for us all!
Alright! Let the learning begin! You should all be well schooled in me, in no time flat!
Here are my answers to Su’s questions:
- Why did you decide to start a blog? This is the emmes (the real deal) truth, I started blogging because it is cheaper than therapy (oh, to afford such a luxury right about now). Like everyone else, I have so much going on and some really hard things to process. Writing, blogging, and connecting allows me to think out loud and garner responses from people all over the world. I try to handle everything, the hard stuff and the lighter side of life, with humor and Yiddish–an interesting combination, but fun for me.
- When did you start blogging? I posted once back in 2014. It felt amazing, and I am positive not one person read it. Then, I got embroiled in life and all the mishegas (craziness) that comes with it. Some days, I was literally drowning. I needed some outlet and I finally picked up writing again seriously, about 5 or 6 months ago. Now I’m all in. Thank you dear readers for being my therapist(s) and getting to know my muses…the Mrs., Little and Big.
- What are the 3 best thing about blogging? 1-Emptying my head of the constant dialogue inside, and realizing it’s meaningful to some of you out there. 2-Making people laugh. 3-Finding creative ways to use photography to illustrate my narrative.
- What is your day job? I am an agent for commercial artists and animators.
- What 3 words describe you best? Haimisha mensch (a good person, warm and kind), Mishuggenah ( a little bit crazy), and Sheferish (creative)
- Have you got any hobbies? I do, and I would love to have more time for them! Let’s see, I love puzzles and word games. I love to read, paint, draw, play tennis, hike, walk, tinker, and potchka (be busy, without a clear goal in sight) around.
- What is your favourite 3 meal courses? Starter, Main & Desert Salad, Sushi and Ice Cream–a trifecta in my book! Also love by the Mrs., Little and Big
- Can you tell us something interesting about yourself? A million years ago, I lived a totally different life. Stick around with me. I’m certain I’ll share more. (Have I got stories…)
- What is your favourite band / Artist? I am so taken aback by the magic in Adele’s voice. Girl’s got PIPES. At any given moment, the Mrs., the kinder (children) and I will be belting out a tune. Love her. What’s not to love?
- What would you do if you win a £1 million lotto? Get out of debt and set free the monkey clinging to and weighing so heavily on my back and has my kishkas (intestines, tummy) in an uproar . Oy gevalt (oh how terrible). Give back to all the dear mensches who have been so kind and helpful during this profoundly difficult time in my life. Get a nice little house for the Mrs., me and der kinder.
Okay, so I nominate the following bloggers (in random order):
Here are my questions for all of you, should you choose to accept:
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What are the 3 things about blogging you wish you could change?
- How do you pass the time during the day?
- If you could cure 1 disease, what would it be?
- What 3 words would others use to describe you?
- What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
- Name 3 of your favorite authors?
- Can you tell us something about yourself that we wouldn’t know from your blog postings?
- What are your 3 ‘trapped on a desert island’ foods?
Thanks again Su! You are awesome. I hope all you bloggers can join in.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin, or right here on WordPress!