Ms. Mango of Gain through the Pain, she ‘happified’ me! Me! And she did it on a day I r-e-a-l-l-y needed it. On a day I wrote about hatred in our world. On a day that wasn’t a Monday, but felt like the mother of all Mondays. On a day that genuinely needed some bliss and delight, she gave me the HAPPINESS TAG!
Normally, I’m kvelling (oozing with joy), holding my glass half full and needing sunscreen SPF 50, for my very own sunny disposition. Thank you ever so Ms. Mango for literally lifting me out of a place I seldom go anymore. You pounced in time to prevent the pity party protocol! I am so very grateful, and, well, Happy! You my dear, make me happy!
To know that my therapeutic writing blogging helps put a smile on Ms. Mango’s punim (face) gives me extra nachas (joy, not to be confused with ‘nachos,’ which can be joyful if made exceedingly well)!
Official Rules, sanctioned by the blogosphere honor guard:
- 5 Things that make you happy
- 5 Songs that make you happy.
- 5 Bloggers that make you happy — Let them know you nominated them, then, a light nosh (snack) perhaps, and you are done
So here goes.
Happy x 5 (How lucky am I, having a real list of totally nachas inducing (happy making) things, that far exceeds the one below. Oh, how I can go on!):
- The Mrs., Big and Little
- Rescuing the Great Gatsby
- The sound of the Mrs. laughing – gets me every time! A picture doesn’t do this one justice. Plus, in case you haven’t noticed, the Mrs., she likes to stay behind the lens and the scenes. Just know that even the thought of her laughter as I am typing, so vivid in my mind and in my ears, is filling my heart and I am grinning like the Cheshire cat!
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: No picture. I tried, I really did. Twice actually. But, it’s gone now and it was delicious! A nice nosh (little snack) any time of day or year.
- Blogging with Yiddish on WordPress: oh what fun I am having, sharing my thoughts and feelings, meeting real haimisheh (warm, down-to-earth) people in this wonderful community, experiencing catharsis and actually knowing that I have readers friends who read, and smile. Forgive me; I’m kvelling (bursting with pride) inside again! Oy!
Songs x 5 (Another tough one to limit!) Pipes, piano and lyrics all matter:
- And I’m telling You, I’m not Going, Jennifer Hudson from Dreamgirls
- Piano Man, Billy Joel
- The Power of Two, Indigo Girls
- Philosophy, Ben Folds Five
- When we were Young, Adele You tube wouldn’t let me play it from my little blogging site, so please, give a listen here. Pipes! Vey iz mere! (OMG!)
My 5 Bloggers (hard to limit!!!) that give me nachas (make me Happy)
- Donna at yadadarcyyada
- Su at Ethan&Evelyn
- Trista at DomesticatedMomster
- Renee at LifeInTheBoomerLane
- Louise at PinkPearBear
Happiness and Nachas to all! I wish I could list all of you! Mwah!