Yes! Let me start off, nachas (unbridled joy) aside, with the BIGGEST THANK YOU to my friend Ann at Grubbs and Critters for passing on the torch of the Mystery Blogger Award.
Okoto Enigma, creator of this beautiful honor writes, “Mystery Blogger Award”is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
If you think I’m anything short of farklempt (all choked up over this), gutinue (oh my), you know me well!
- Proudly display the award image on your blog — I’m kvelling (literally, I’m bursting with pride!)
- List the rules (in process now)
- Thank Ann at Grubbs and Critters (whoever) for nominating me (you) and provide a link to their blog. Ann, you ROCK!
- Mention Okoto Enigma, the ingenious creator of this award and provide a link too
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself — no tsuris (trouble) here, I’m a blogger!
- You have to nominate (10 – 20, or 300) bloggers — a simcha! (cause to rejoice!)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog — me, interact and comment! 🙂
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 things about me?
- I try very hard to live my life with empathy and humor — they need to go together, or life delivers too much shpilkes (that feeling of pins and needles and you may puke a bit…)
- I absolutely, positively love Yiddish and want to keep this robust language alive! I’m Jewish by birth, but I practice Tai Chi…nu (so)?
- I love to laugh. And sometimes, sometimes, I laugh so hard that I pisheh meyn hoisen (pee my pants), just a little. What? You wanted me to share?
And the next set of nominations proudly go to:
So many people in this blogosphere that I admire, look up to, read. This one’s for all of you (in no particular order). If it’s not your thing, that is okay. Just know how much you mean to me in your words, your wisdom and your ability to make me laugh and/or cry:
- Reflections from Me
- Four Princesses and the Cheese
- Five Little Doves
- Kippers and Curtains
- The Real Lara Shoe
- Daily Dump Shit Show
- Domesticated Momster
- Vidya Sury Collecting Smiles
- Syncopated Mama
- Life Love and Dirty Dishes
- Diary of an Imperfect Mum
- One Messy Mama
- The Mum Project
- Shank you Very Much
- The Aloha Mommy
- R is for Hoppit
- Island Living 365
- Hooks and Dragons
My 5 questions to answer:
- What the weirdest thing you have experienced in the last 3 months? the 2016 US Presidential Election – an old Yiddish proverb says, “If he were twice as smart, he’d be an idiot!” I agree.
- What’s your favourite children’s book? Zen Shorts, I read it often, and without the kids…it’s that good
- Would you rather live under the sea or on the moon? Moon, because I like moon pies (aka scooterpies)
- You discovered that the child you brought home a year ago was not your own as a result of a mix-up. What would you do? Continue to love he/she out loud
- Euthanasia – yes or no and why? Yes, because sometimes life (end of life) sucks, and we seem to be kinder to animals
Your 5 questions for you to answer, get the grey matter going you know?:
- What is the best mistake you ever made?
- Rain or snow, and why?
- What is one thing in history you would like to change?
- What best motivates you?
- What is your absolute, favorite all-time movie?
Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! L’Chiam! To life!