Please don’t take away my Obamacare. Officially known as the Affordable Care Act, Obamacare is part of President Barack Obama’s (my Barack!) brilliant domestic legacy. No matter what mr t and his ‘swampsters‘ plan to do or achieve in their terroristic plans to rid the American people of basic health care, it will remain a historical feat to be celebrated. We had a president who cared about us, authentically. Now, we have shpilkis (knots in our guts, pins and needles).
‘Repeal and replace’ are terms bandied about by the billionaires who now bully our working, huddled masses. The GOP are treating ACA like it’s ISIL. And that’s a problem. My family, we have been a part of the ACA since the beginning. We were there at the launch that admittedly was flawed. The first two years, I was on the phone for 12-15 hours at a time… And you know what? The people on the other end of the line were there to help me. They stayed on the phone too. As a family with medical issues, having a no-pre-existing condition penalty was priceless. As a family that benefits from the subsidies (paid for by taxing the elite 0.1%) in the escalating costs of healthcare and pharma, it’s a must. Obama helped me, my Mrs. and my Little and Big. Such a mensch (truly good man), he is! I am forever grateful for the Obama’s.
mr t, now he is doing his very best to gut the ACA. He says it will be less expensive if we open insurance across state lines. Oh, and get this one, he will allow us, we the people of these United States, to contribute more to our health care savings account (HSA). As if we could… Smart, he isn’t.
What we are beginning to see very clearly now is that the myopic, anemic, and uncaring Ryan
couldcare less or tRUMP doesntgiveashitcare plans will (no big a-ha here) do inconceivable harm to millions of Americans. And yes, this new plan, if successfully passed, will also assist the obscenely wealthy folk, the fat cats, the top 0.1 percenters, to line their pockets with more loot. It is estimated that:
- Over 10 million people (that’s approximately 9.99999999999 million more than those who showed up to the inauguration) could totally lose their healthcare, including seniors and hard-working families
- Millions of women, who count on Planned Parenthood for basic health care tests and screenings, will be
shitout of luck when it comes to the ladybits department
- Those of us with pre-existing conditions will be allowed in, but the cost of entry will be unattainable as deductibles, out of pocket costs and premiums climb higher than Mount Chimborazo
- Big gantse machers (hot shots) health insurance executives will see crazy tax breaks in the hundreds of millions of dollars range, annually
- Those fat cats that mr t ‘wines and dines’ at Mara Lago on our hard working dimes, will receive tax benefit savings in the mid-to-high six-figure ranges, while us ‘hundred-aires’ struggle and get bubkis (literally goat turds, also means nothing)
Call your representatives. Oh, look, here is the number should you need it, 202-224-3121. Protest peacefully and loudly. Write letters. Attend town hall meetings. Stand up for health care for all of us. Alevai (it should only happen)!
Things may get worse, before they get better. Aider es kumt di nechomeh, ken oisgaien di neshomeh.
We can do this!
Zay gezunt! Be healthy!