Today’s post has been literally hijacked by yet another deadly mass shooting, here in the good ole U.S. of A. I was going to write a lovely piece about our trip to LEGO Land with my kinder (children), and fill you in on how Nutcracker practice is going — but that will come at another time. I am seething and crying all at once — and I refuse to go numb. We need action. Notorious RBG would demand it, and so would Edie Windsor!
you are inept I am beyond mad and I have had enough. The chain of green is a stranglehold that must end. Held by the very prosperous purse strings of the National Rifle Association (NRA), you now have lined your pockets, profits, and proceeds with payola: and it is nothing less than blood money. Your ‘trump card’ use of the Constitution and our ‘right to bear arms’ has shifted quite precariously from guns for a trained and able military to guns for killing the sport, crime, suicide, and the obstruction of passing laws to protect us, the people, from fair and just gun legislation.
THIS MUST STOP
Guess what? Prayers, thoughts, and joining of hands in unity
don’t do jack-sh*t do not work. The deadly mass shooting in at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs was the worst deadly gun massacre since the last one, in Las Vegas, just a few short weeks ago. In fact, take a look at what is now becoming the shameful and violent legacy of American gun culture:
- Sutherland Springs, Texas: 26 killed November 2017
- Las Vegas Nevada: 59 killed October 2017
- San Francisco, California: 3 killed June 2017
- Orlando, Florida: 5 killed June 2017
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida: 5 killed January 2017
- Burlington, Washington: 5 killed September 2016
- Orlando, Florida: 49 killed June 2016
- San Bernardino, California: 14 killed December 2015
- Colorado Springs, Colorado: 3 killed November 2015
- Roseburg, Oregon: 9 killed October 2015
- Chattanooga, Tennessee: 5 killed July 2015
- Charleston, South Carolina: 9 killed June 2015
- Isla Vista, California: 6 killed May 2014
- Ft. Hood, Texas: 3 killed April 2014
- Washington, DC: 12 killed September 2013
- Santa Monica, California: 5 Killed June 2013
- Newtown, Connecticut: 27 killed December 2012
- Brookfield, Wisconsin: 3 killed October 2012
- Minneapolis, Minnesota: 6 killed September 2012
- Oak Creek, Wisconsin: 6 killed August 2012
- Aurora, Colorado: 12 killed July 2012
- Oakland, California: 7 killed April 2012
- Seal Beach, California: 8 killed October 2011
- Tucson, Arizona: 6 killed January 2011
- Manchester, Connecticut: 8 killed August 2010
- Huntsville, Alabama: 3 killed February 2010
- Ft. Hood, Texas: 13 killed November 2009
- Binghamton, NY: 13 killed April 2009
- Dekalb, Illinois: 5 killed February 2008
- Omaha, Nebraska: December 2007
- Blacksburg, Virginia: 32 killed April 2007
- Salt Lake City, Utah: 5 killed February 2007
- Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania: 5 killed October 2006
- Goleta, California: 6 killed January 2006
- Red Lake Indian Reservation, Minnesota: 9 killed March 2005
- Wakefield, Massachusetts: 7 killed December 2000
- Honolulu, Hawaii: 7 killed November 1999
- Fort Worth, Texas: 7 killed September 1999
- Atlanta, GA: 9 killed July 1999
- Columbine, Colorado: 13 killed April 1999
Did you know that after every one of this horrible massacres, gun sales go up?
It is most definitely a GUN ISSUE
mr t said, “a very deranged individual”
hello pot, meet kettle did this. He went on to say, this shooting “is not a guns situation” and that “it is a little too soon” to be talking about gun violence. TOO SOON!
Another lone, white gunman took his own life after killing and injuring droves of innocent people. He walked into a church, dressed in black and armed with a Ruger AR-556 semi-automatic assault rifle. He sprayed the crowd as they prayed, with bullets. His background included violence and domestic abuse, a dishonorable military discharge. He should have never had that gun in his hands.
We need to expand background checks for every gun purchase. We need to talk about mental health
while stripping us all from the Affordable Care Act and we need to put away the party rhetoric and start saving innocent lives. We must condemn the violence that happens all too often. Oh, and btw, two-thirds of all the gun deaths in the US are suicide. Yes, suicide.
We must remind Congress, that they work for us.
Congress, We the people, we need you. We need to stop the NRA, who is currently spending ridiculous sums of money, lobbying, on a new bill to make mass shootings even easier. You see, the NRA, they are worried about our hearing.
WHATTHEFCK There is a new legislative plan they are forcing down our throats, and it is called, get this, the SHARE ACT (Sportsman Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act, H.R. 3668) Bundled in this bollux of bullsht is the Hearing Protection Act. What’s that? I can’t hear you. I just came from the shooting range. To protect your ears from the sound of bullets killing, felons, domestic abusers, criminals, gangs, and anyone else, can get silencers. Imagine Las Vegas, Sutherland County, or any of these acts of horror if, in addition to magazines and semi-, or automatic rifles, they had no sound. None.
Please, do what you can to turn this awful tide of violence and terror and move it in the other direction. Today, go out and VOTE. Here are two trusted organizations that are trying to help, and I have joined.
Mom’s Demand Action for Gun Sense and Everytown for Gun Safety. Please, help us. Donate, volunteer, VOTE. Help us stand up to Wayne LaPierre and his NRA and win back our safety, health, and well-being. I have my kinder (children) to protect, and your kinder too.
The eggs, they think they are smarter than the chickens. di eggs, zey trakhtn zey zenen smarter vi di tshikanz.
To life! L’chiam!