I am so very fortunate. Kelly, over at daydreams of a mum, has tagged me to take part in the Top 7 Tag! (Please, if you have not already, check out Kelly’s home in the space at the link above. You will be glad you did! <3) Now, with seven being my favorite number, dare-I-say, my lucky number, how can I not? I should have such good luck (Az a yor ahf mir).
So, without much further ado, here is a little reflection and some hopes and dreams:
My top 7 Posts from 2018:
- Invisibility: Here is our real story: About one million years ago or at least a couple or so decades ago, we both arrived at our first meeting for women with eating disorders.
- That’s it. Period.: This is a girls story. My Big, she is growing up. Born not ten minutes ago, yet my shana maideleh (sweet little girl) is soon to enter double digits
- This just in, from the National Weather Service…: A severe winter storm, defined as a ‘bomb cyclone,’ is hitting the eastern United States with the tenacity and chutzpah (balls, or nerve, for lack of a better term) of mr t’s thumbs in a tweetstorm with lil’ kim.
- I am woman, hear me roar… The musical resurfaces: Nu? This mr t, he has me farklempt (all choked up) with his evil and hatred. Well, I’ve taken it to the stage folks. Please, bear with my
(awful)voice as I stumble through my own, personal feminist anthem
- Detective G is turning up the heat: Gatsby’s nose knows
a nice nosh (snack)exactly where to find the latest crime scene. No ruffled feather goes unturned while he is patrolling the roost.
- Happy New Year, from the Jewish Atheist: The Jewish Holidays… whenever the kinder (kids) ask about them, usually, historically, the answer is, “Some group of people hated us [Jews], so we ran, and through some miraculous, super-hero-like
mumbo-jumbomaneuvers, we made it, we survived, and so, we ate!” Ess a bissel. Eat a little! Nu? … and best of all, I reunite with my mom and dad
- The Yesterday Special: There are *two days/nights a year that I smile so wide, from ear to ear, that my jaw actually hurts by nights’ end
I can, and have, thrown out my neck and back from experiencing such profound naches (joy)
7 Things I absolutely Loved in 2018:
- Any and all visits, trips, and phone calls with my Shvester (sister) and her beautiful, big-hearted, loving family
- Talking with my parents: reunited and it feels so good
- My kinder (kids) performing in the Nutcracker
- Hearing the beautiful sounds of laughter from my Mrs. (my heart skips a beat)
- Watching Little ride her bike for the first time (Thank you, Shvester!)
- The happiness of Big getting her very first pair of pointe shoes
- Reading! Novels, fiction, non-fiction. Just escaping
the news and chaos of our world, lifein the magic of books, books, books
7 things I am looking forward to in 2019:
- The impeachment and/or jailing of the 45th
if you can call himpresident of these divided states of America, and his entire crew of gonifs (thieves and criminals)
- Seeing my Mom and Dad after a long, long time
- Going out on dates and laughing with my Mrs.
- Celebrating special birthdays with my Shvester and Shvoger
- Dare I say it, saving more (anything is more than $0, so the bar is low)
- Weekly, and sometimes more, coffee klatches with my crew, to vent, stay sane, and laugh a little
- Staying present and gentle, inside and out
7 Great Bloggers to Check out (and, Tag, you’re it!):
- Meet Jo, from A Rose-Tinted World
- Shinjini at Modern Gypsy uses art and word to work through life
- Noleen rocks, at Miller in the City
- Suzanne at Expat Life With Chicken Ruby is so real and hysterical
- Enda is always sharing the magic over at Endastories
- Kate on thin ice is looking at the positives this year
- Katie at Mummy in a TuTu is always heartfelt
Thank you for the tag, Kelly! M’wah!
And to all of you, L’Chiam! (To Life!)